The inaugural Galena River Trail Run will take place Saturday, May 19, 2018 on the popular Galena River Trail. The Galena River Trail is located adjacent to the old Galena Rail Depot 101 Bouthillier Street in historic and scenic Galena, IL 61036. The Galena Junction Trail segment originates at the Galena Depot Park just below the U.S. Highway 20 Bridge. This forested trail winds south to Galena Junction and the backwaters of the Mississippi River, making for a scenic out-and-back racing course. This year’s race features:
- A 10K (runners only), 5K (runners and walkers), and a kids’ fun run (children 12 and under).
- Chip timing provided by J3Timing (10K and 5K, only).
- On-line registration available until May 12, 2018.
- Registration Fees:
- 10K-$30, if registered by May 1, 2018
- 5K-$25.00, if registered by May 1, 2018
- 10K-$35.00, if registered between May 2-18.
- 5K-$30.00, if registered between May 2-18.
- Race Day Registration available at Galena Rail Depot. 10K-$40.00 and 5K-$35.00. KIDS’ FUN RUN IS FREE.
- A dri-fit technical short-sleeved shirt to all10K and 5K runners guaranteed to all runner who are registered by May 12, 2018.
- Finishers’ medals to all 10K and 5K participants who complete the course.
- Awards for Overall Top Male and Female finishers in the 10K and 5K.
- Age-division awards for top three male and female 10K and 5K runners.
- 19 and under
- Finishers’ ribbons for all kids participating in the Fun Run.
- Package Pickup: Thursday, May 17, 2018: 3-6 p.m.; or Friday, May 18, 3-6 p.m. at Illinois Bank and Trust 971 Gear St. Galena, IL 61036.
- Race day registration from 6:30-7:30 a.m., at Galena Depot Park. T-shirt not guaranteed. Registration will close promptly at 7:30 a.m.
- In-person registration available at package pickup both Thursday, May 17 and Friday, May 18.
- Package pickup will also be available on race day from 6:30-7:30 a.m.
- Race day registration from 6:30-7:30 a.m. T-shirt not guaranteed. Registration will close promptly at 7:30 a.m.
- All race proceeds will be donated to Galena Kiwanis to provide recreational parks for the children of the community.
Fuel up on carbs Friday night before the Galena River Trail Run at Fried Green Tomatoes. Your registration will get $3 off any pasta entrée on Friday, May 18, 2018. Kindly show a copy of your registration to receive the discount. DON’T FORGET: Fridays is also ½ off all bottles of wine. What could be better: Pasta and Vino!
- After party at 4:00 p.m. at The Grape Escape 242 N. Main Street, Galena, IL.
- Fine dining in historic downtown Galena. See drop down menu for area restaurants.
- Accommodations at area hotels and bed and breakfast establishments. See drop down menu for area accommodations convenient to the race site.
Other family-friendly recreational and historical activities in Galena.