Join us for the 2nd Annual Kiwanis Club of Galena River Trail Run on Saturday, May 18, 2019. The Galena River Trail is a scenic, forested trail that begins at the Galena Depot Park adjacent to the old Galena Trail Station on Bouthillier Street near downtown Galena. Runners and walkers will travel south along the newly extended trail to Pilot Knob Road and along the backwaters of the Mississippi River. The trail is crushed limestone with a few sections of asphalt pavement in previously flood-prone areas. The course is primarily flat.
To register click HERE.
This year’s race features:
- Half-marathons (one for runners and one for walkers), 5K, and a kids’ fun run (for children under 10).
- Half-marathon participants choosing to walk the racecourse must agree to start their walk one full hour earlier (at 7:00 a.m.) than the half-marathon runners. Half-marathon walkers will have their own registration button on the registration form.
- Chip timing provided by J3Timing (Half-marathons and 5K, only).
- On-line registration available until May 16, 2019 at kiwanisclubofgalena.org.
- Technical short-sleeved shirt to all half-marathon and 5K runners guaranteed, IF registered by May 1, 2019. Shirts cannot be guaranteed after this date.
- Finishers’ medals to all half-marathon and 5K finishers.
- Awards for Overall Top Male and Female finishers in the half-marathon and 5K.
- Age-division awards for top three male and female half-marathon and 5K runners.
- 19 and under
- Finishers’ ribbons for all kids participating in the Fun Run.
- Package Pickup: Thursday, May 17, 2019: 4-6 p.m.; or Friday, May 17, 4-6 p.m. at Illinois Bank and Trust 971 Gear St. Galena, IL 61036.
- In-person registration available at package pickup both Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- Package pickup at race site will also be available on race day from 6:30-7:30 a.m., at the race starting line in Galena Depot Park.
- Water stations provided throughout the racecourse.
- Half-marathon (both runners and walkers): $40 Early bird special price 01-07-19 to 03-07–19; $45 beginning 03-08-19 to 04-08-19; $50 beginning 04-09-19 to 05-16-19.
- 5K: $35 Early bird special price 01-07-19 to 03-07–19; $40 beginning 03-08-19 to 04-08-19; $45 04-09-19 to 05-16-19.
- Walk-in registration on May 16 or May 17, 2019: $60 for both races.
- Kids’s Fun Run Free (for children under 10) but parents must complete online registration and sign waivers.
Register at http://GreaterGalenaRiverTrailRun.itsyourrace.com/.
Kiwanis: Serving the Youth of Jo Daviess County. Did you know?
- Kiwanis Club of Galena and the Galena Kiwanis Foundation fund and sponsor Galena’s annual Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks.
- Participates in the Galena Annual Country Fair selling delectable ice cream treats.
- Awards two $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors from Galena High School each May.
- Has funded the replacement and refurbishment of the playground equipment in Grant Park.
- All proceeds from this race will be designated for continued Galena Parks playground refurbishment and replacement.